Mount Kilimanjaro(Africa’s highest mountain):
Approaching legendary Kilimanjaro from the southeast, we take the popular Marangu Route, with a total trip time of six days, thus giving us even more acclimatization time and an even better chance of reaching the summit. Lush rainforest and Alpine moorland characterize the Marangu route, a trek that is challenging, make no mistake, despite the extra time given to acclimatize. You will have a private vehicle to take you to and from the mountain gates. Accommodation on the mountain on this ‘Basic’ category trip will be in mountain huts – a true adventure.
- Reaching the summit(Uhuru peak)! Experiencing that incomparable, ‘roof of Africa’ feeling
- A more relaxed pace than other routes, but longer in time and distance. But very challenging!
- Stunning views as you ascend.
- Discover the Coca-cola route.
- Encounter the 5 zones of the mountain, namely the cultivation, forest, tundra, desert, and arctic zones, with unique beauty and features.
- Explore the wildlife and plants at high altitudes.
- Dedicated guides, porters, and cooks – a great team to help you on your way.
*All equipment and climbing gear are available for rent. Contact our team beforehand to arrange this for you.
There are 5 ascending routes, namely; 1. Marangu route(From around $1850 for 6 days and you will need to reserve mountain huts because huts are mostly used in this route rather than tents), 2. Machame route($1,990 for 7 days); 3. Lemosho route($2,000 for 7 days); 4. Rongai route($2000 for 6 days) and 5. Umbwe route is among the hardest & shortest route ($2200 for 5 days). There are 2 descending gates; Mweka and Marangu gates. Joining a group reduces the price through cost-sharing.